Alberta Sailing Head Coach
We are seeking a Head Coach.
This is a full time seasonal position starting April 15, 2017 and running through November 15, 2017, with the possibility of part time extension through the winter. It is based in Calgary, Alberta, with travel to events during the competitive season and to training camps during the off season.
ASA Head Coach Mission:
– Act as a positive role model: be the ASA ambassador to member sailing clubs and schools.
– Promote respectful and constructive relationships with all members of the sailing community.
– Encourage retention of sailors in the competitive and Sail for Life streams.
– Encourage growth of the sailing population in Alberta, especially at the grass roots.
– Champion the Long Term Sailing Development and Sail for Life frameworks.
50% Coaching Delivery
– On the water coaching
– Athlete development
– Dry-land training
25% Coaching Support
– Drive to events
– Race team planning
– Direct coaching resources
– Oversee maintenance of ASA equipment
25% Alberta Sailing Support
– Administer the Mobile Optimist Sailing School
– Coordinate instructional clinics
– Report to the ASA Executive Direcctor
– Provide ASA Board of Directors with regular written updates and progress reports
– Collaborate with ASA ED and Board in strategic planning
– Influence staff hiring
– Work with clubs to encourage the development of healthy grassroots programming
– Represent the ASA at Sail Canada
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
– Strong sailing and racing background
– Post-secondary education related to this position preferred, or life experience
– Experience in program management with strong organizational skills
– Current Sail Canada Level 3 Sailing Coach, Competition Development Coach, or higher
– Current Sail Canada Learning Facilitator, or equivalent, training is an asset
– Valid driver’s license with clean transcript
– Able to pass a vulnerable sector check (police check)
To apply, please forward your resume and a cover letter describing the approach you would take to building our sport to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Position:
The Alberta Sailing Association is seeking a head coach to run competitive and sailor development operations for the province. The coach must have a strong coaching background, be able to operate independently, and demonstrate a passion for sport development. Please contact email@example.com for more information, or visit www.albertasailing.com to view the complete job description.