ALBERTA SAILING ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Annual General Meeting of the Alberta Sailing Association will take place Saturday, November 4th, 2017, at Red Deer College from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 2501 and we hope you can attend!
Please let Fie know if you plan to be in attendance (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call at 403-827-5578
Minutes of the previous AGM (Nov 5, 2016)
Lunch will be provided.
The day will begin with discussions and reports from the clubs. The business meeting will be called to order, tentatively at 1 pm. Proposed agenda follows:
- Call to order
- Confirmation of quorum
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of the minutes of the previous AGM
- Business arising from the minutes
- New business
- President’s Report
- Financial Reports
- Executive Director’s Report
- Director’s Reports
- Committee Reports
- Financial Review
- Election of Officers
- 12 voting delegates
- CYC – 2
- CYC Sailing School – 1
- City of Calgary Sailing School – 1
- Cooking Lake – 1
- DSA – 1
- EYC – 2
- FACS – 1
- GSC – 3
- GSC Sailing School – 1
- Great Slave – 2
- Great Slave Sailing School – 1
- Itaska – 1
- Ma-me-o – 1
- Newell – 1
- NASC – 1
- St. Mary’s – 1
- WSC – 2
- Wild Rose Sailing School – 1
- Total possible voting delegates – 24
- Quorum – 12
ASA Bylaws are found under “About ASA” on this site (here). Bylaws define member organizations and voting delegates, and establish the number of voting delegates that each member organization can send. The information that follows is intended to paraphrase the bylaws, but if there is a conflict, the bylaws prevail.
- Voting delegates must be active members of ASA and of the organization they represent. Please bring proof of membership.
- Some organizations are entitled to send more than one voting delegate, but each voting delegate has one vote. To cast multiple votes, the organization needs to send multiple voting delegates. The bylaws do not provide for proxy voting.
- Quorum is 1/2 the possible number of voting delegates. Both numbers will be published here.
- Community clubs may each send one voting delegate
- Sailing schools may each send one voting delegate
- Sailing clubs with 10 to 50 members may each send one voting delegate
- Sailing clubs with 51 to 100 members may each send two voting delegates
- Sailing clubs with over 100 members may each send an additional voting delegate for each additional 100 members
Election of Officers
- The board consists of a President, a Treasurer, a Secretary, and two to four directors at large
- Officers are elected by majority vote of voting delegates at the AGM
- All board positions are open for election or re-election
- Nominations may be made from the floor at the AGM
- All directors must be active members of the association.