The ASA Sailing Calendar has been UPDATED
Click here to be redirected to the calendar
Alberta Sailing Association (ASA) is pleased to announce that we will be supporting all the regattas that are part of the Alberta Series of 2018.
In addition, the ASA will be supporting, at least, the following ‘Out of Province’ 2018 regattas:
- Opti Canadian National Championships
- Pumpkin Bowl
How are we supporting these ‘Out of Province’ regattas?
- Support at the event including the wage(s) of the coach(es)
- Costs not covered by the ASA include, but are not limited to:
- Travel costs for coaches & athletes
- Coach accommodation & meals
- Mileage/Boat Transport/Gas
- Rental of boats/coach boats
- Accommodation of athletes
**The costs not covered by the ASA will be equally split amongst the sailors participating at the event.
Can you request other events to be supported?
- All requests will be considered & evaluated on a case by case basis by the ASA Board & the Sailing Director.
- Requests must comply to the following conditions:
- Submitted at least 3 months in advance of the event by email to the ASA President & the Sailing Director.
- Shall include the number, names, type of boat and club affiliation of the sailors wanting to participate.
- How many ASA coaches would be needed (depending of fleets).
- State any known conflicts with other events.