Employment Opportunity – Great Slave Lake
Opportunity for CANSail Instructors in the Northwest Territories
Great Slave Sailing Club is looking for CANSail instructors for the 2017 summer season.
The Great Slave Sailing Club
The GSSC is located in Yellowknife, NWT on the shores of Yellowknife Bay on Great Slave Lake; the 5th largest in North America and the 10th largest lake in the world. Yellowknife is a small, remote yet friendly city with the amenities of a capital. The bush and the lake are literally on our doorsteps.
We require a Head Instructor and an Instructor to work with our small team of local instructors:
- Relevant Cansail Instructor certifications (CANSail 4 preferred)
- Registered and paid Sail Canada instructor insurance prior to start date
- Valid prerequisites as of June 2017
- Pleasure Craft Operating Card
- Preference will be given to ⅚ trained instructors and Learning facilitators
What we offer:
- Fun and friendly work environment
- guaranteed monthly salary based on experience including travel bursary and accommodation
- Opportunity to work overtime on weekends and evenings
- Organised club events including weekend cruises
- Chance to experience and live in the north for a summer
The GSSC will run a 8 week program Monday June 26- August 18th. Children’s classes run weekdays Mon-Fri and adult classes will run twice weekly in the evenings and on occasional weekends.
For enquiries or to send an application including cover letter and resume please contact:
Tamlin Gilbert, Training Coordinator
Tel: 867 8735851
The position will remain open until it is filled