Why Become a Member?
Alberta Sailing Association members are entitled to:
- Attend ASA development clinics for sailing, racing, race management and instructor certification
- Compete in Sail Canada and ISAF sanctioned regattas
- Vote through their member clubs at ASA and Sail Canada general meetings
- Sit on the ASA board
In addition, your membership to ASA has widespread benefit across the Alberta sailing community and beyond. By becoming a member of the Alberta Sailing Association, you:
- Support clubs across Alberta through ASA’s involvement with race organization and coaching
- Support development programs for sailors, racers, cruisers, race officers and instructors
- Support Canada’s National Sailing Team
- Support the voice of recreational sailors at Department of Transport regulation meetings
Becoming an ASA Member
The most common way to become a member of the Alberta Sailing Association is through one of our affiliated sailing clubs- clubs are the backbone of the Alberta sailing community. If you are a member of an ASA affiliated club, your club membership fees include the price of a membership to ASA. Interested in joining a sailing club in Alberta? Take a look at our Club Directory or Find a Program page!
You can also become a member of the Alberta Sailing Association and Sail Canada directly, without becoming a member of an ASA affiliated club. The price of an individual membership is $28 per year, and can include children and spouses. The Active Member receives both ASA and Sail Canada membership, while associate members such as spouses will receive only ASA membership.
Additionally, all current and paid Sail Canada instructors in the province have automatic membership to the Alberta Sailing Association and to Sail Canada.
To become an individual member of ASA directly, please forward $28 along with your name, address, phone number, and email address to PO Box 52058, RPO Edmonton Trail, Calgary, AB T2E 8K9. For more information call (403) 618-2393 or email@example.com