Why Become a Member?
Alberta Sailing Association members are entitled to:
- Attend ASA development clinics for sailing, racing, race management and instructor certification
- Compete in Sail Canada and ISAF sanctioned regattas
- Vote through their member clubs at ASA and Sail Canada general meetings
- Sit on the ASA board
In addition, your membership to ASA has widespread benefit across the Alberta sailing community and beyond. By becoming a member of the Alberta Sailing Association, you:
- Support clubs across Alberta through ASA’s involvement with race organization and coaching
- Support development programs for sailors, racers, cruisers, race officers and instructors
- Support Canada’s National Sailing Team
- Support the voice of recreational sailors at Department of Transport regulation meetings
- Get access to the boat donation program
- reduced boat insurance cost with http://skippersplan.com/sail-canada/
Becoming an ASA Member
The most common way to become a member of the Alberta Sailing Association is through one of our affiliated sailing clubs- clubs are the backbone of the Alberta sailing community. If you are a member of an ASA affiliated club, your club membership fees include the price of a membership to ASA. Interested in joining a sailing club in Alberta? Take a look at our Club Directory or Find a Program page!
Additionally, all current and paid Sail Canada instructors in the province have automatic membership to the Alberta Sailing Association and to Sail Canada.