Registering a New Club
Alberta Sailing Association member clubs are formally incorporated under the Societies Act of Alberta and must have a minimum of 10 Active Participant members of ASA. Active membership numbers are counted for voting at ASA and Sail Canada general meetings.
Clubs wishing to maintain active status with ASA and Sail Canada must forward the following information before September 30th of each year. This information is required for our annual funding application.
- The name, address and family information where relevant along with $28 per Active Participant member of ASA,
- The organization’s total membership (all adults and all children),
- A summary of club activities including participation. (for example: “10 evenings of club racing with an average of 25 sailors, for a total of 250 man-days sailing”)
- A list of club activities that help promote the SailCanada vision of Sail to Win – Sailing for Life,
- Suggestions on what ASA can do to help the club.
In addition, ASA helps support a number of smaller, informal sailing organizations. These organizations must have a minimum of 5 Active participant members of Alberta Sailing and Sail Canada, and carry one vote each at the ASA and Sail Canada General meetings. Such groups include class associations, small unregistered organizations, and any other collection of dedicated sailors with a common interest in promoting Sail to Win and Sail for Life.